Re: how to change slider/scrollbar width ?

On Jul 11, 2006, at 10:20 PM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

Hello All,

I tried some googling regarding changing slider/scrollbar width, but the
results are inconclusive.

Is there an API call - if not from Perl bindings, then from "C" ?

Is it themes-related ? If yes, where would you suggest to start ?

Tracing through the C sources of gtk+, GtkVScrollBar inherits size- allocate all the way from GtkRange, which calls gtk_range_calc_size (), which calls gtk_range_get_props(), which calls gtk_widget_style_get() to ask the theme engine for various dimensional properties of the widget.

  "slider-width"
  "trough-border"
  "stepper-size"
  "stepper-spacing"
  "arrow-displacement-x"
  "arrow-displacement-y"

So, the width/height of a vertical/horizontal scrollbar is, indeed, controlled by the theme, or at least by user RC files. This sort of thing should not be controlled by application code.

--
I believe that if music companies are going to set examples they need to do it to appropriate people and not dead people.
  --  Robin Chianumba