Re: trouble with reading from pipes

Thanks everyone for the help yesterday.

I now have a question about how to handle the partial line reads.  Right
now I am guessing that the best way to do this is to keep a copy of the
last buffer read laying around, and attach that to the next read in case
the data needed is split on last previous, first next boundary.  Then I
can just to a =~/\n(.*?)\n.*?$/ and the last full line will be in $1.
Is there another (better?) preferred way to do this.  Seems like sysseek
should be useful, but I cannot get it to work.

Is there also a way to monitor if any new information has been passed to
a readable filehandle.

Dan