Re: A visual snippet browser

On Jan 19, 2006, at 3:06 PM, zentara wrote:

I was wondering if there was a way to filter out the line numbers
upon a selection or copy event? Is there some trick to tag some
text so it is visible to see, but invisible to a copy/selection?

You can modify your application to control supplying the clipboard contents manually, and in that callback, filter off the line numbers with regular expressions.

If you want to prevent them being selected in the first place, there are ways to control what goes in the margin of your textbuffer. This is the trick the highly recommended GtkSourceView uses, if i recall correctly.

--
If I lived in Teletubby Land, the homicide rate would be four.
  -- elysse