Need some help with GUI design: 2 header rows in a treeview

Hi all.

I'm working on a data entry form that would *really* benefit from having 2 rows of headers for the treeview.

I've done this sort of thing before with treeviews where all the columns fit in the treeview without scrolling, by having an hbox filled with buttons immediately above the treeview, and then just resizing the buttons when the treeview is resized so the buttons line up with the columns they're supposed to go above. This actually doesn't look too hacked up :)

I've tried to reproduce this method with my current treeview, which scrolls way out to the right, but I've hit a problem. I can't actually put the hbox pull of buttons inside the scrolled window, because if I do, the scrolled window ceases to operate as a scrolled window - the treeview isn't scrollable. I assume you can't do this. What, then, do I do?

Here is a screenshot of what I've got so far:
http://www.nusconsulting.com.au/internal/energy_datasheet.jpg

The 'Invoice' button should extend across the 1st 2 columns, the Energy kWh button should cover the red columns, the Network kWh button should be only partly visible, and the other buttons should be invisible ... until the treeview is scrolled across to the right, and then they also scroll across. Is this possible? Or maybe I can hide the default treeview header and replace it with my own stuff packed in a table or something?

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer