Re: building glib on win32 MSVC6

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 12:47 +0300, zgrim wrote:

I read somewhere on the net that MSVC does know about strtoq and strtouq
instead of strtoll and strtoull.  Can you verify that?  Also, you check
for _MSC_VER < 1300 -- do later versions have strtoll and strtoull?

  Sorry to rebring this back, but i've just hit it myself with msvc6.
Msvc7 has strtoi64(__int64), but that's of no use on 6.

Yeah, sorry for that.  But I just can't do much about it myself since I
don't have a Windows development environment and next to no Windows
development experience.  So any help is appreciated.

As msdn seemed unusable, i googled it and on http://tinyurl.com/jtuot
i've found this helpful code:

[...]

which i adopted as:
static inline __int64 strtoll( etc ) { etc }
and the correspondent unsigned for strtoull.

Does this work for you, i.e., do the tests pass?  Mario's findings
suggest that it doesn't work reliably.

--
Bye,
-Torsten