RE: Problems with data returned from Gtk2::SimpleList

I'm guessing $list here is a Gtk2::SimpleList?

Yup.

Now Gtk2::Image->new_from_file is apparently just an XS wrapper
for gtk_image_new_from_file... Looking at $list->{data}[0][0]
with Devel::Peek I can see it contains some heavy magic
(it's actually an lvalue), maybe it isn't correctly
converted down to a simple string when passed from
Perl to C level?

Given that Gtk2::SimpleList is depreciated in favour of Gtk2::Ex::Simple::List, I assume it's not worth
submitting a bug report?

Jeff