Re: capturing output from running process crashes gtk2

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:03:11 +0200
"Ratcliffe, Jeffrey (Peters)" <Jeffrey Ratcliffe External eads com> wrote:

If you use IPC::Open3, you can get some good results. The only glitch

Ah. I didn't know about that. Thanks for the info and the sample code. However, I still have the Gtk2
problem of any processing blocking the dialog.

Yeah, as I was thinking about it yesterday, I realized blocking-the-gui would probably
be a problem.  I was going to try using threads and shared variables to get around it.
If you can wait a day or 2, I'll post it.

Here is my test code. I want the dialog to be displayed and the label to be updated by the while loop.
However, as listed, the dialog is never displayed. And of course if I make it model and add $dialog->run,
then the while loop never gets run.
What am I doing wrong?

It's a tricky IPC problem.

http://zentara.net/japh.html