Re: subclassed anti-alias canvas, and disappearing text

On Apr 14, 2006, at 4:06 PM, zentara wrote:

Anyways the conversion is going pretty well, except I've run into a bug
with text not showing on the anti-alias canvas.

I've made the code text code, the same as in the Gnome2::Canvas demo.
It works when I use the plain subclassed canvas, but when I use
aa=>1 , I get a slew of errors

Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_renderer_draw_layout: assertion `PANGO_IS_RENDERER (renderer)' failed at ./zz-Gtk-CanvasTest line 215. GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `PangoCairoFcFontMap' to `PangoFT2FontMap' at ./zz-Gtk-CanvasTest line 215. GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid uninstantiatable type `(null)' in cast to `PangoFT2Renderer' at ./zz-Gtk-CanvasTest line 215.

You probably don't want to hear this, but i see text just fine, with absolute silence on stderr. Works with both of

Gtk2
  $Gtk2::VERSION = 1.080
  Compiled for gtk+ 2.4.0
  Running with gtk+ 2.4.14
Gnome2::Canvas
  $Gnome2::Canvas::VERSION = 1.002
  Compiled for 2.6.0

and

Gtk2
  $Gtk2::VERSION = 1.111
  Compiled for gtk+ 2.8.2
  Running with gtk+ 2.9.0
Gnome2::Canvas
  $Gnome2::Canvas::VERSION = 1.002
  Compiled for 2.13.0

--
In some newer operating systems, time_t has been widened to 64 bits. In the negative direction, this goes back more than twenty times the age of the universe, and so suffices. In the positive direction, whether this range is sufficient to represent all possible times depends on the ultimate fate of the universe, but it can be expected to postpone overflow long enough for such implementation limits to be abolished.
  -- Wikipedia, on UNIX time.