Re: Placement of popup ( CellRendererDate from examples )

Elijah Newren wrote:

On 9/5/05, Daniel Kasak <dkasak nusconsulting com au> wrote:
Elijah Newren wrote:

I don't think this is a WM bug. The WM ( in this case,
Enlightenment-0.17 ) is doing exactly what the code says - aligning the
top-right of the popup with the bottom-right of the cell. The problem is
in the logic of the positioning of the popup. I'm almost done on a solution.

Ooops, I missed the part where you were manually positioning it. Yeah, that's a tough call on whether the WM should follow that or
force the window onscreen, so it's not clear which is right.

I disagree that it's a tough call. If an app requests to be drawn at a particular position, then the only valid action on the part of the WM is to do just that. Consider an app that starts off-screen and scrolls onscreen. Maybe this is a tacky example, but it's perfectly valid. No, actually, here's a not-so-tacky example - an OS-X like starter bar :)

Sorry for the noise.
Doesn't bother me :)

--
Daniel Kasak