Re: Stocks don't seem

Hi,

muppet 2005. október 16. 05.07 dátummal ezt írta:
You really haven't given us much to go on.

Ok, you're absolutely right, sorry, stopped.

What we know:
- A gtk2-perl program, known good because it ships with gtk2-perl and
works fine on other distros.
- on Mandriva 2006 with Gtk2 1.083 the stock items don't show up in
buttons.
- Stock items show up in the stock browser.
- You are running KDE.  (as seen in the screenshot, that's Kicker's
clock)

Yes.

What we can infer:
- Since the stock browser works, the builtin stock items are all
right, so the stock system is neither broken nor missing.

Yes. Completed: there's know any error messages.

What we don't know:
- What theme are you using?  (Themes and gtkrcs can disable showing
stock items in buttons.)

At first there wasn't any set theme, just default. After I switched with
'switch' program to GTK Revisited Bubbles theme just for try, but issue was
same: no stocks on buttons.

- Do you have the hicolor theme installed?

Yes, hicolor-icon-theme was/is installed.

- Does this malady afflict other gtk+ / gnome programs not written in
gtk2-perl?

There wasn't any running other gtk+/gnome program, so there couldn't be
running malfunctioning program.

I suspect your theme or other distro setup merely has "stock items in
buttons" turned off someplace.

It seems like it possibility "turned off" only for Perl-Gtk2. (Eg.: Gimp2.02
works fine.) But I think it is not reason of the trouble.

(I don't really hold to eg. Gtk2::Button->new_from_stock ('gtk-help') method
if there's an other way for showing of stock items, but that's will be the
last what I would do.)

Thanks, muppet. Do you have other ideas?

--
Sincerely

Péter Simon (Pepó)

GPRS Easy Connect team