Re: Speedup insert into treestore

Hi Muppuet!

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:12:42 -0400 (EDT), muppet said:

[...]
Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_sortable_get_sort_column_id: assertion
`GTK_IS_TREE_SORTABLE (sortable)' failed

This means that whatever class $model is an instance of does not implement the
GtkTreeSortable interface.  ListStore and TreeStore both do.  The
TreeModelSort proxy class does.  TreeModelFilter does not.  Custom models may
not.

What is $model actually, then?

My model has been created like this:

$model = Gtk2::TreeStore->new('Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf', 'Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf', 'Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf', 'Glib::String',
'Glib::String', 'Glib::String', 'Glib::String', 'Glib::String', 'Glib::Uint', 'Glib::Boolean', 'Glib::Uint',
'Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf');

If I do a print $model after having it recovered from the TreeView, Perl
gives me Gtk2::TreeStore=HASH(0x82af694). So everything looks like a
normel TreeStore to me.

The only non-standard thing in my setup is, that the TreeView implements
a custum CellRenderer for one column. This one takes a Pixbuf and a
String and displays it in one column. BTW, you helped me on this list
about one year ago to set this up. :-)

[...]
The fact that you're able to call these methods with an instance that doesn't
have the correct type implies that something is broken in the bindings' @ISA

What is this @ISA?

setup.  Could you please strip your program down to the bare minimum needed to
reproduce the problem, and send that?

I can try, but this may need some while...

Ciao
Florian