Re: GtkOptionMenu, GtkComboBox

Luke Moloney said:
GType 'GtkComboBox' is not registered with GPerl; representing this
object as first known parent type 'GtkBin' instead at
/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Gtk2/GladeXML.pm line
96.
So what's going on here?  I assume this means that there are some perl
bindings missing from gtk2-perlxml or something?  How can I add this
functionality?  Am I using the wrong widget or something?  Here are my
versions:

Version skew.  See below.

OS - Mac OS-X 10.3
fink 0.23.8
Gtk2 (installed via fink) - 1.021-22

Support for GtkComboBox (as Gtk2::ComboBox) was added to Gtk2 in 1.040, which
is a year and a half old.  Pester the package maintainers to upgrade --
current is 1.10x.

In the meantime you can do a tarball install.  If there is any breakage, let
us know immediately; i haven't built Gtk2 on my Powerbook since upgrading to
10.4.

To head off other questions, you'd change the contents of the Gtk2::ComboBox's
menu by changing the contents of the Gtk2::TreeModel you associate with the
combo box.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>