Re: GStreamer 0.01 and accented chars in filenames

On May 30, 2005, at 10:45 AM, Quentin wrote:

I've began adding gstreamer support to my program,
But gstreamer can't find files with accented characters, I get :

ERROR (0x80be4a8 - 310393:34:49.386823000)         filesrc(20818)
gstfilesrc.c(778):gst_filesrc_open_file:<src> No such file
"/home/squentin/mp3/Artist/Björk/Selmasongs/Björk - Selmasongs -
01-Overture.ogg"
An error occured: Resource not found.

i was going to poke through the sources to see if there was a misapplied typemap, but you didn't mention what functions you were calling, so i have no idea where to look.

if this is an encoding problem on the location property of a file source, i don't know how we'd fix that; gchar* properties are always converted with the gperl_value_from_sv() function, which considers gchar* to be utf8 text that you want to convert with SvGChar. there are currently no hooks for overriding that.

--
If I lived in Teletubby Land, the homicide rate would be four.
  -- elysse