Re: Word wrap in Textview, how?

muppet <scott <at> asofyet.org> writes:

On Jul 29, 2005, at 11:18 AM, Yu Wang wrote:

I want to have a textview widget behaves like a simple text editor.
The desired
right margin at column is 80 characters, and text row with its
length larger
than 80 chars will be wrapped back to a new line.

What is the right way to do this?

 From what i understand, TextView wraps text at the right edge of the
view.  That is, where the wrap breaks depends on the width of the
widget.

If you want the text to wrap at column 80 regardless of how many
columns are visible, then, um, you may have to resort to hackery,

Thank you very much for sharing the code! That solves my problem.

Now I am wondering if it is possible to show a grey vertical line at the 80th
column? Just like the margin line in gedit.

Thanks.