Re: direction of application (localization issue)

* GÃbor Szabà <szabgab gmail com> [2005-07-26 13:15]:
While it might be a good behavior for when I want to translate
an application but now that I have only English version I would
prefer to keep the app in the same way even on RtoL
installations.

On your own machine â maybe. Forcing this on users â probably a
bad idea.

As for how to effect this, some searching finds this:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2000-October/msg00310.html
which says that gtk+ does

    gtk_widget_set_default_direction(..., GTK_TEXT_DIR_FOO)

according to a languageâs translation of the 'default:LTR'
string. Maybe you can override that in .gtkrc-2.0, but I have no
idea.

Regards,