Re: Installing ExtUtils:::PkgConfig on windows

--- muppet <scott asofyet org> wrote:
ExtUtils::PkgConfig 1.07 (stable)
Overview of Changes in 1.07
===========================
* Disable the RPM-related postamble on Win32.  The 'date' command
  on windows is interactive, and caused Makefile.PL to hang.

Installation of ExtUtils::PkgConfig 1.07 goes through smoothly on my windows system.

So, on to the next task, I gave it a shot installing Gtk2::GladeXML from cpan (using perl -MCPAN).
And the following errors are seen. I have seen quite a few email threads, here and in other lists,
related to setting up the MSVC and the cl.exe etc. Before I investigate further on those methods
(most of them involve downloading huge files from M$), does the following line make sense to any
one here.

Can't locate object method "postamble_installs" via package "Glib::MakeHelper" at Makefile.PL line
69.

Is this looking for the c1.exe ?

Here is the entire error message
# ---------------------------------------------------------------- #
Removing previously used \.cpan\build\Gtk2-GladeXML-1.002

  CPAN.pm: Going to build R/RM/RMCFARLA/Gtk2-Perl/Gtk2-GladeXML-1.002.tar.gz

Found Glib in C:\Perl\site\lib\Glib\Install
Found Gtk2 in C:\Perl\site\lib\Gtk2\Install
Writing build/IFiles.pm
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lws2_32
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lgdi32
Note (probably harmless): No library found for oldnames.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for kernel32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for user32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for gdi32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for winspool.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for comdlg32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for advapi32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for shell32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for ole32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for oleaut32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for netapi32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for uuid.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for ws2_32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for mpr.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for winmm.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for version.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for odbc32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for odbccp32.lib
Note (probably harmless): No library found for msvcrt.lib
you are using MSVC... my condolences.
you are using MSVC... my condolences.
Can't locate object method "postamble_installs" via package "Glib::MakeHelper" at Makefile.PL line
69.
Running make test
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

cpan>

Thanks,

_Ofey.
http://ofey.blogspot.com/