Re: Extracting data from SimpleList

On Jan 6, 2005, at 8:30 PM, Ross McFarland wrote:

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 20:16, Scott wrote:
Using the wonderful SimpleList to bypass dealing with the TreeView stuff is pretty handy. However, how does one get the data back out of the list? I've attached a small example where I am printing out the indices very easily, but I see no docs on accessing the data, except for get_row_data_from_path.

...because you don't need to do anything special. Just use the same tied data structure you used to put the data into the SimpleList to get it out.

How do I get the path?

In some instances, you'll get a path from a signal handler. get_row_data_from_path() converts the path to an index and does $slist->{data}[$index] (fetch all columns at row $index) for you.

$slist->{data} as a normal perl array reference:
        $slist->{data}[42][0]; # 42nd row, first column
        $slist->{data}[42][1]; # 42nd row, second column
        $slist->{data}[23][3]; # 23rd row, 3rd column

(er, make that 43rd row, 24th row, and fourth column. damned zero-indexing. ;-)

if i'm not misunderstanding your question that should be all there is to it.

hence *Simple*List.

--
Examples really shouldn't include unexploded ordnance.
  -- Joe Smith, referring to an example program i wrote.