Re: Looking for icon / thumbnail view widget

[Sorry for the late reply.]

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 22:28 +0100, Martin Junius wrote:

Meanwhile I hacked a small sample app with Glade and gave it a try. And
yes, it's not that difficult.

A few question remain though:
- Does the widget support drag'n'drop and how can I add this?

I've no idea.

- Can I add a right button context menu to the icons?

I guess you'd only need to connect to button-press-event, get the event
coordinates, fetch the icon at those coordinates, select it, and pop up
your menu.

- Can I use the widget without making my Gtk2 app a full Gnome2 app with
all the overhead?

No, I don't think that's possible.  But as muppet already said, if you
can use gtk+ 2.4 or newer, just use Gtk2::IconView which is the
replacement for Gnome2::IconList.

--
Bye,
-Torsten