Re: "Official" Win32 support page

On Feb 15, 2005, at 2:06 AM, Kevin C. Krinke wrote:

Ok, installed... one note: I needed to download MSVCR71.DLL in order to
get my simple test script to run.

This could be construed as a licensing issue for GPL and LGPL software. MSCVR7x.dll is not a base part of the OS, but MSVCRT.dll is. That's an issue with how the perl bindings are linked, and i admit that i don't know how to fix it.

Now onto the meat of my curiosity: any ideas about Gnome2 perl modules?
ie: which ones are supported, which aren't, etc.

The ones I'm interested in so far are:

Gnome2
Gnome2::VFS
Gnome2::Print
Gtk2::SourceView (I realize I'd have to do extra work for this one)

I'd be surprised if any of those worked on plain win32, due to their base libraries.

--
"the ternary operator makes it a bit less ugly."
    -- kaffee