Re: Looking for icon / thumbnail view widget

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 20:57 +0100, Martin Junius wrote:
Fine, that's part of Gnome2-1.020, which I have here. Any examples for
usage?

That's the widget I'd be sub-classing. Here's the idea I got when you
mentioned your needs (just wanted to let it percolate in my head a bit).

<example>

#: an arrayref of hashrefs defining each icon

my $image_collection_data =
[ { name => "filename",
    text => "text under icon",
    path => "/path/to/image",
    thumbnail => "/optional/path/to/thumbnail/image",
  },
];

#: ImageCollectionList, subclassed Gnome2::IconView, pre-populated with
#: thumbnails etc. (see the Gnome2::IconView pod and I think there's an
#: example in the perl sources somewhere for what to actually do with an
#: IconView).

my $iclist =
 new_collection
  Gnome2::Ex::Simple::IconList
   ( $icon_width, $adj, $flags, $image_collection_data );

#: interact with the data in the same fashion as the Gtk2::Ex::Simple::*

@{ $iclist->{data} } = ( ... );

</example>

Is this something worth working on?

--
Kevin C. Krinke <kckrinke opendoorsoftware com>
Open Door Software Inc.