Re: gtk_plug_* and gtk_socket_* family for non X11 builds

It works perfectly!!

Now I can have Gtk2-perl apps without worring about X11 :)

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 23:44 -0500, muppet wrote:
On Feb 10, 2005, at 9:22 PM, Raul Dias wrote:

I am almost done building Gtk2 for linux-framebuffer.

I found a problem regarding the gtk_plug and gtk_socket families.
AFAIK,  gtk_plug and gtk_socket are X11 specific and does not work in
the FB (as it is a single process interface) or even on Win32.

These types simply aren't implemented on non-X11 targets in gtk+
itself.  There apparently have been patches for win32 floating around
for years, but they were never committed.

The contents of both GtkPlug.xs and GtkSocket.xs are wrapped in #ifndef
GDK_WINDOWING_WIN32, and gtk2perl.h #undefs their respective type
macros if GDK_WINDOWING_WIN32 is defined.

But it appears that we need to add GDK_WINDOWING_FB to that logic.  :-/

If it really is implemented only for the X11 target, i guess those #ifs
should be changed to work only on X11, not only if not Win32.

If there is a patch for Win32, maybe it should exclude known targets to
not have as other might be implemented/accepted later on.

I know that the DirectFB guys mantain a gdk port of their own that could
have plug/sockets.

Patch attached.  Let me know if it works.

There was a small modification to the patch.  It complains about the
comments just before the #ifdefs.  I think you can't have comments
between the MODULE tag and the function definiton (XS limitation).