Re: Deactivate some checkboxes for column type bool?

On Feb 5, 2005, at 4:59 PM, Martin Junius wrote:

more mad ;-) ideas while hacking with SimpleList and column type bool: Is it possible to deactivate the checkboxes for specific cells, i.e. make these cells non-editable (not the whole column, just some cells)?

a) add a hidden boolean column to your model, and then add another attribute to the column, tying the CellRendererToggle's "activatable" property to that column.

b) use a custom cell data func to decide whether to set the activatable property for the cell on a given row.

In either case, your SimpleList is no longer very Simple. The tricks above are easier to pull off when you create the TreeView manually, because you don't have to go digging for renderers and columns after the fact.

--
That's it! It's one thing for a ghost to scare my children, but it's another to play my theremin!
  - Homer Simpson