Tree Iter: Text out of pango markup

Hi,

I've created a treeview, and are linking the "markup"
attribute to a column in my store with pango markup text.
eg:

#in data store

{label => "<span foreground='blue'
                        weight='ultralight'
                        size=\"20000\">Suiwel</span>",
                        pix => $suiwel,
                        children => \ diary},

#and linking the attribute

$coll_food->add_attribute($cell_name, markup => NAAM);

Is there an easy way to get just the text that is displayed
from the iter?

At this stage it gives me back everything, and I want to
work only on the displayed value eg "Suiwel".

I've thougt of filtering it out via a regexp, if all else
fails

Many thanks