Re: Using Gtk2::Helper->add_watch() or Glib::IO->add_watch

That's quite possible.  Win32 is infamous for its rather broken
pipes.  One aspect of that is that pipes and network sockets behave
differently wrt select(), mostly in that pipes tend to be broken
while sockets work.

Well, after spending a bit more time on this, I concluded that using
pipes on win32 is definitely impossible. So I decided to model the
functionality that I need using threads instead. I have re-written the
FAQ example to use threads instead of pipes. The inspiration of course
was from muppet's code at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2003-November/msg00028.html

I am attaching the code. If no one sees issues with it, I can add this
as a recipe.

Regards,

_Ofey.