Re: Gnome2::Canvas surprising behaviour

On Aug 17, 2005, at 5:31 PM, James Muir wrote:

Hello All,

I discovered something surprising with the "aliased" version of the Gnome2::Canvas.

If you place a Gnome2::Canvas::Text item on an "anti-aliased" canvas and forget to set the 'fill-color' you see nothing. This seems reasonable. If you place a Gnome2::Canvas::Text item on an "aliased" canvas, the text will be displayed even without setting the 'fill-color'. Nice, I suppose, but is this a bug in Gnome2::Canvas?

provided that you're doing things correctly, can't really vouch for that but i don't see anything obvious, it sounds like a bug in GnomeCanvas (C library) rather than Gnome2::Canvas (perl bindings.)

-rm