Re: Mandrake patched perl-GTK2 in a bad direction?

muppet <scott asofyet org> writes:

[...]

Patch9 in the mandrake RPM adds the deprecated function
gtk_widget_set_uposition().  This was deprecated as of gtk+ 2.0.0 and
therefore is not part of gtk2-perl.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-
set-uposition

I don't recall why the mandrake rpms include it (Thierry?), but i  believe it
was part of porting old code.

well, i've looked at it, and we still use it for positioning some
windows when we don't use a window manager... but we could use ->move
instead. We'll change this when mdk10.2 is out.