Re: Gtk2::Ex consensus

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 17:30, Kevin C. Krinke wrote:
So far the following has been established:

1) Stay away from Gtk2::Ex.pm or Gtk2::Ex::Simple.pm as they carry some
   sort of weight or imply ego fuel.
2) One Bundle::Gtk2::Ex for _all_ modules regulated and updated by the
   Gtk2-Perl people (or whom/whatever is deemed appropriate).
3) Have everyone do their own thing, managed how they see fit yet
   following approved name spacing.

With that in mind the following is how I will proceed;

Gtk2::Ex::Utils
   - contains: Gtk2::Ex::Utils.pm and Gtk2::Ex::Constants.pm
   - gtk2-ex-utils.sf.net

Bundle::Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs
   - contains: Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs.pm and Gtk2::Ex::Dialogs::*
   - depends upon Gtk2::Ex::Utils
   - gtk2-ex-dialogs.sf.net

I invite anyone who wants to participate in either of these projects to
message me and begin coordinating responsibilities and access. Just for
the record, I am not in control of these projects once they have been
placed out there and anyone is as good as anyone else to become project
leads/contributors.

I just want to get the ball rolling.

If I could solicit at two or three approvals from the Gtk2-Perl demigods
I'd be a very happy person and would stop pestering this list.

i see no problems with the above.

partial reasons for 1) are there are a lot of things that belong under
Gtk2::Ex(::Simple) and it would be counter to the point of the whole
thing to put any extra effort/requirements into people putting stuff
there, to prevent/limit developer's use of them, or to require that
anything under them be put into a single project.

this was a slightly hot topic a while back when i started the
discussion. making it relevant (with code ready to go into the name
space) only made it more so. after all of this you all probably see my
desire to get it out of the Gtk2 name space and into something else
(Gtk2::Ex being as good as any.) we (muppet, kaffee, and myself) figured
it best to stay out of the way (for the most part.) since our only real
desire was to preserve the sanity of the Gtk2:: name space.

Thank you for your time and effort.

you've put in far more time and effort than others so thank you.

--
-rm
http://www.neces.com/