Re: Glade dialogs

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 17:20, Kevin C. Krinke wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having some issues working with dialogs created from Glade files.
What the problem is that when I create the dialog the first time
everything works as expect, however the next time the dialog is used it
causes a segfault.

So my question then is, what is the proper way to close a dialog
(destroy? hide? something else?) so that I can reuse the same dialog
again?

so as you've now seen glade creates the widgets once (when you load the
glade data) and when you ask for the widget it just keeps giving you the
same one. in your case you've probably destroyed it so it's no longer a
valid widget, but glade doesn't know that.

the solution is to hide the dialog rather than destroy it. then when you
grab and show it again it will still exist for your use. the downside is
that any information entered into said dialog (the state) will remain.
so that's one thing to take into consideration.

--
-rm
http://www.neces.com/