Re: gtk_init() does not return

barrett 9hells org said:
But here at home (Slackware 9.0) Gtk2 compiled fine (perl Makefile.PL
and 'make'), but 'make test' failed (at 16/34 of the first batch).
After inserting some debug printf's in xs/Gtk2.c::XS_Gtk2_init function,
I found out that gtk_init() is just not returning.
strace gave me no clue.

Have you guys seen this before?

http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/faq/#35

IIRC, slack is one of the systems that builds perl with its default config,
which is without threading enabled.

if you come up with anything concrete, please let us know.

you may also want to try compiling the Glib module from CVS HEAD --- we've
made some fixes to it recently that should help with some threading issues,
maybe we fixed this problem by accident.  (yeah, not likely, but still...)

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>