Re: [RFC] Gtk2::SizeRecall - Persistently store and restore widgetsizes

* Ross McFarland <rwmcfa1 neces com> [2004-05-19 03:28]:
we could put some nasty name space clobbering code in Gtk2 that
went through perl's symbol tables periodically got rid of
anything we didn't approve of. :)

Code::Police.

there's no perfect answer, i would have to say that either
Gtk2::Perl or Gtk2Perl would work. either way enforcing it will
be hard. we just need to make a decision and hope for the best,
heh.

Yeah -- if enforcing was even possible, then I'd be putting all
my votes behind Gtk2::PerlExtra::. As is, I'm trying to pick the
choice that will most likely be complied with voluntarily, and I
have a strong gut feeling that Gtk2Perl:: would be it.

Though after seeing the Gtk2::PerlExtra:: proposition, it's
getting really hard to keep supporting that terribly crappy
namespace I didn't even like to begin with. I'm not sure what to
say anymore; after seeing the contrast between the practical and
the correct/aesthetical solution, I don't know if I can bring
myself to care strongly about the matter anymore.

I guess the question is back to where we started, ie whether
Gtk2-Perl would be bundled with helpful Perl-side contributions
from others. In that matter my standing is that it works for Perl
itself and the core modules, so why shouldn't it for Gtk2-Perl.

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."