Re: Gtk.pm

Hakan Koçak said:
Hi all

I don't have much knowledge about perl.
I am trying run a perl script and keep getting
a message saying that Gtk.pm file could not be found.

The system that I am trying to run the script is SUN sparc
with Solaris 8.

I downloaded and installed latest GTK fron Sun pages but
that did not work either.

Does anyone have any idea?
Thanks in advance.

Gtk.pm is part of the perl bindings for gtk+ version 1.x. gtk-perl, the
website for which is http://www.gtkperl.org/, but the latest version isn't up
there, it's 0.7009, which can be found here:
http://search.cpan.org/~mlehmann/Gtk-Perl-0.7009/. as for whether or not it
will work on sun i havn't a clue, but i don't know of a reason it wouldn't.

gtk-perl is no longer actively developed. gtk+ has moved on to the 2.x.x
series and the perl bindings have as well, unforutnatly they are not backwards
compatible. gtk2-perl can be found at http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/

-rm