what to do about the old cvs modules?

the original inline-based gtk2-perl and gnome2-perl are still in our cvs repository, with enticing and prominent names that lure in the uninitiated seekers of our code, resulting in the not-infrequent questions to the list that get answered with "that's the old stuff, you want to use gtk2-perl-xs."

what should we do about this? cvs delete gnome2-perl and gtk2-perl? or should we instead just put an empty file in the toplevel named "CURRENT_IS_gtk2-perl-xs"?

--
Examples really shouldn't include unexploded ordinance.
  -- Joe Smith, referring to an example program i wrote.