Glib 1.039 (beta)

Glib provides Perl access to the GLib and GObject libraries. GLib is a portability and utility library; GObject provides a generic type system with inheritance and a powerful signal system. Together these libraries are used as the foundation for many of the libraries that make up the Gnome environment, and are used in many unrelated projects.

This is the last release before the stable 1.040 series -- please test! Report any bugs to gtk-perl-list at gnome.org.
See the Gnome Platform Bindings Release Set Rules for more info:
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/bindings/rules.html

As always, the code is available from our sourceforge project page:
http://sourceforge.net/project/ showfiles.php?group_id=64773&package_id=91217&release_id=223115

...and from anonymous cvs, tagged rel-1-03-9 in the directory /gtk2-perl-xs/Glib .

Overview of Changes in Glib 1.039
=================================

* Add missing symbols to the exports list, so we have half a hope of not
  totally barfing on win32.  [muppet]
* Code sweep for FIXMEs resulted in miscellaneous bugfixes and cleanups.
- Clean up properly when croaking on bad property name in Glib::Object::new.
  - Use the same 'bad property' message in Glib::Object::set and "::new.
  - Document the fact that Glib::ParamSpec::param_spec is unimplemented.
* Document functions that can throw Glib::Error exceptions.  [Ross]
* Glib::MakeHelper enhancements  [muppet]
  - verify that ExtUtils::Depends is >= 0.2
- Don't generate broken makefiles if there are no C or XS files to compile. * Using Data::Dumper on an object with tied write-only properties no longer
  results in an crash.  [Ross]

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>