Re: Gnome2::Canvas Segmentation Fault

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 00:37, john knops wrote:
I've just installed Gnome2::Canvas ( perl -GnomeCanvas-0.28-1mdk )  via
RpmDrake in MDK9.2 but when I try to run it I get the error message
"Segmentation Fault" I've been told that this means there is a bug somewhere.

"Segmentation fault" means that the program has violated memory
protection by trying to access a memory address not owned by the
program.  Invariably this is the result of dereferencing a bad memory
pointer, which is, indeed, a bug.

0.28 is an old version; there have been six releases since then.
granted, the most recent releases depend on a bleeding-edge version of
Glib, but the point is that the bug might have been fixed already.  ;-)

How can I tell if this is in the Canvas script - and if so who do I contact -
or in my system, and any suggestions on how to fix it.

Well...  i'm the guy to talk to about the Gnome2::Canvas module, but
without some context, there's nothing i can tell you.  What were you
doing when the script blew up?  Can you narrow it down to the line of
code that crashes?  If so, what is that line?  Can you either send me
your code or make it available where i can get it?  (off-list,
preferably -- the list rejects large attachments.)

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>