Re: Gnome2::Wnck 0.05

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 17:04, Thierry Vignaud wrote:

* Make sure we work with libwnck 2.6.3, which introduces an incompatible
  API change -- in a stable release.

some checks are done against version 2.6.3 vs 2.6.2.
however, the build will fail with libwnck-2.6.2.1.

i'd to apply the following patch in order to successfully build this package:

Gar, that sucks.  I didn't know there was a 2.6.2.1.  2.6.2 still has
the old version of wnck_window_close, and our version checking macros
don't support four-part version numbers.  Any advice on how to proceed?

btw, i also see some warnings, even with DISPLAY unset:

_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running

I've no idea where those are coming from, but I'm pretty sure it's not
Gnome2::Wnck.  What test exactly causes this?

Bye,
-Torsten