Maybe Off-Topic: remote Perl Gtk2 via ssh

Hi all.

I'm trying to use ssh's 'forward X11' feature to run a Perl Gtk2 app on the server at work and display it here at home. I can run a number of apps this way, such as xclock and galctool ( which is a gtk2 app ).
However I can't run any Perl Gtk2 apps this way. I get:

The program 'test.pl' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
 (Details: serial 61 error_code 3 request_code 38 minor_code 0)

Is there any reason why I shouldn't be able to forward Perl Gtk2 apps via ssh? It seems a little strange that I can run some gtk2 apps but not this one.

Dan