Widget in Gnome2 Canvas not visible

I'm just starting with Gnome2 Canvas, and I haven't been able to add a
Gtk2 widget and have it visible. Is there anything special I need to do?
I can add rectangles, rich text items, and other items without a
problem.

This is how I add other items to a group:

$button = Gtk2::Button->new("More");

$item6 = Gnome2::Canvas::Item->new($group,
                                   "Gnome2::Canvas::Widget",
                                   widget => $button,
                                   x => 116,
                                   y => 2,
                                   );

Mike Mayer                                      Phone: (608) 523-1960
Circuitfarm, Inc.                               Cell:  (608) 575-2732
mikem circuitfarm com