Re: Installation problem Gtk2

On Dec 11, 2004, at 5:09 PM, Wim Weide wrote:

Is there a downloadable distribution that can be seen as a good starting
point for getting Gtk2-perl to a good end.

i personally use gtk2-perl on RedHat 8.0 (yes, currently :-/), FC1, FC2, FC3, and Mac OS 10.3.6 with Fink. just a few months ago i had it running on vanilla win2k. several others on the list and development team use various versions of debian. i also run gtk2-perl against gnome cvs.

i haven't seen a failure like the one in your log --- but i also haven't seen gtk+ not be able to find a theme engine (which your log showed), so i would imagine that has something to do with it being broken.

> i'm not sure why you installed gtk+ from source; mandrake ships with
gtk+, all you needed to install was the -devel packages (to get the
headers and pkg-config files).  were you trying to get a newer version
or something?
Yep

try using jhbuild to get gtk+ from gnome cvs. compiling gtk+ from source yourself isn't very fun, and jhbuild takes a lot of the guesswork out.

--
I bring the rock, and provided it is fiscally responsible, I will bring the funk as well. And that's fo-shizzle.
        -- Saturday Night Live