Re: win32 :( ?

zgrim wrote:

 Hello folks,
I am currently working on a fairly complex app for some customers,
and building its gui seems to be my least pleasant problem as it needs
to be done mostly for windows users. I chose Wx at first, but due to
missing decent gui designer (although wxperl is more than decent) i
chose glade2 and gtkperl at last. So i was able to build a complex gui
in a matter of hours. I am extremly satisfied with what Gtk2::GladeXML
and Gtk2 has to offer. But this is only on my Debian GNU/Linux devel
machine. :( I was pretty sure of gtk working on win32 as some googling
revealed win32 ports pages. But as i came down to gtkperl and
Gtk2::GladeXML and friends i only found obsolete packages. :(
So, my questions (enough with the intro) are this:
- any up2date win32 gtkperl & perl glade2 binary packages around ?
- if not, any explicit guidelines on how to build them anywhere ?
- if not, any guidelines at all ?
- if not, where should i start ?
I began installing devel stuff on my win32 virtual machine
(previously there only for testing), meaning cygwin, gtk runtime and
friends ( http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html ), mingw.
Next step is trying to compile things. But before that, i had to check
if these things are already done by someone else, as compiling
gtk/glib/xs code on win32 may be a bit more complex job than expected.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
zgrim
I also would love to have Gtk2::GladeXML under Win32.
I've tried the cygwin option, but failed miserably ... I'm currently VB / Perl / PHP only. If you have some success, could you *please* document what you had to do, or even make some binaries available?

Dan

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer

The following links have been inserted by the NUS Consulting internal spam filter and are for NUS Consulting staff only
Spam
Not spam
Forget previous vote