Re: A custom cellrenderer for a bixbuf with text

Florian Schaefer writes:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:23:52 -0400, muppet said:
i tried it -- a window pops up and immediately explodes, with the
message

Huh, it didn't do that here (running XFree 4.3.0).

I'm super stressed and on the road on business right now, so I haven't
had a chance to dig through it, but given what muppet said about color
maps and GCs (and is there a good set of notes on GCs somewhere? I'd
love to know things about when to or not to create new ones, what sort
of stateful information I'm messing with when I use the default ones,
that sort of thing...) I'll bet it's something to do with varying
video modes.

Thanks for getting to writing this first, I hope to be adapting it for
my own uses on my plane flight home... (assuming everything comes
together at the last moment as the remaining parts get shipped in with
early delivery... sigh.).

Dan