Re: Gnome2-Canvas 1.00 on fire

Cory C. Omand said:
Yesterday, I updated my build system to include the latest 1.0X versions
of all of the Gtk2-Perl packages, and the build seemed to make it most
of the way through without (many) issues (Solaris 9 includes *ancient*
versions of glib/gtk+,

"ancient" as in 2.0.x?  i've been developing with gtk+/glib 2.0.6 on red hat
8.0 since last year.  as time goes by the test suite produces more nastygrams
and skip notices, but it does indeed pass.  if it's broken for you, please let
me know.

When I did a nightly build including the updates, the Gnome2-Canvas tree
configured correctly, finding everything it required for build.  As soon
as the 'make' command was issued, however, the source tree burst into
flames with an error output over 2000 lines long.

please send that output to me offlist, and i'll see if anything makes sense.
in fact, as i don't have access to a similarly configured box, anything you
could provide for a postmortem would be helpful.

"/usr/include/glib-2.0/gobject/gparamspecs.h", line 194: syntax error before
or at: gunichar

this was the very first actual error -- is the file okay at that point?  (i
ran across a similar issue which was caused by filesystem corruption a few
days ago...)

Has anyone run into this yet, and if so, how can I fix the error(s)?

use GCC?  /me ducks

seriously, no, i haven't seen such an error.  if you'll drop into #gtk-perl
this evening, i am planning to be around, and we can probably debug faster in
irc than in email.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>