Re: Still Can't make loaded symbols global on this platform while loa ding ... and minor bug in ExtUtils

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 02:15, HOLOWKO,LARS (HP-Germany,ex1) wrote:
Hi everybody,

This is my second try to get rid off the Tcl look in my perl apps so I gave
Gtk-Perl another try.

This time (RC3) everything installed smooth. I had to change the pkg-config
calls in 'PkgConfig.pm' of ExtUtils: (in pkgconfig 0.15 the package seems to
be the last arguement:

/usr/local/bin/pkg-config --libs gobject-2.0

instead of

/usr/local/bin/pkg-config gobject-2.0 --libs

i've made that change in PkgConfig, it will be commited soon.

Lupus, do you or anyone else have an idea how I may get rid of this show
stopper for production use?
I am using HP-UX 11.11, gcc 3.3.1, perl 5.8.1, glib 2.4.3, gtk 2.4.4
(everything 32-bit).

there's no one around here (that i know of) that goes by the name lupus,
but maybe whoever is it is still on the list. as for the error it seems
to be something to do with dynamic loading, but i don't know enough
about hp-ux to know what it's situation is. is this a warning or an
error?

at any rate i'll search around a little bit for that error message and
see if i can figure out what it is and possible ways of addressing it.
obviously if someone else knows what the deal is fill us in.

-rm