Re: gtkplug strange focus behaviour

Domsodi Gergely said:
The parent process creates a socket, forks, and starts the child process
in its child thread, and enters the Gtk2 main loop in the parent thread.
The child inserts it's combobox to th parent processes socket. This way,
if I open the combobox, it closes instantly when I release the mouse
button.
There is a strange critical error message,too (which didn't showed up
int the big application what does almost the same thing):

(parent:6910): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkxembed.c: line 188
(_gtk_xembed_send_focus_message): assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (recipient)'
failed

i don't get this error message on my system with gtk 2.2.1, what version are
you working with. the scripts run fine with the exception of the focus
problem.

basically this isn't a gtk2-perl problem. if you take a look at the change log
for gtk+-2.2.x between 2.2.2, 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 there are numerous entries for
fixes involving focus with reguard to plug and socket behavior. some of which
fixed crash bugs, some of which were making it work right in the first place.

-rm