Re: a question about entry

Quoting ken <x t hua 163 com>:
hello,everyone!I'm new to here,and new to gtk2-perl,too.
would anyone like to give me a example for entry?
I only find the examples for entry in gtk-perl,
and then I change gtk to gtk2,it's not running well.
and the example in the gtk2-perl sourses package only
contain the funtion and main.pl,and i can't understand
the sourses or how to change it to the code which can be
running lonely.

Is something like this what you are looking for?

#!/usr/bin/perl

#warning: untested code

use strict;
use Gtk2;

Gtk2->init;

my $window = Gtk2::Window->new;
my $vbox   = Gtk2::VBox->new;
my $entry  = Gtk2::Entry->new;
my $button = Gtk2::Button->new('click me');

$window->add($vbox);
$vbox->add($entry);
$vbox->add($button);

$window->signal_connect('destroy' => sub { Gtk2->main_quit });
$window->signal_connect(
        'clicked',
        sub {
                my $text = $entry->get_text;