Re: 1.0 and Windows build?

On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 12:14  PM, John McDermott wrote:

I know some were working on a Windows build. Will there be a win32 build of 1.0? Not having a development environment for Windows, I cannot build it from source. I ask because I need to move some code from Linux to win32 to make it more cross-platform.

that is the plan, win32 and other binaries available for download after the code stabilizes.

gavin was working per the stuff i posted to the list on compiling against the dropline gtk binaries, which appear to have some missing symbols. he was planning to get an installer-based package going.

marc has told me that he has no problems using gtk2-perl out of cvs with tml's binaries, though i can't confirm this myself.

i originally looked into making an activestate PPM package from my working win32 build, but i never got a package that would install. not quite sure what the problem was, as i'm no expert on PPM packaging and have no real desire to become one. anybody who knows, please speak up!

i was planning to use james' debian control files to try to create a fink package, but there's no standard build of perl 5.8.0 for macos 10.2.x, so i haven't done it.