Re: debian packaging

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 19:13, Pascal Giard wrote:
correct me if i'm wrong, but i think ExtUtils-PkgConfig is particularly important...

you are correct, insomuch as it is required to build most of the rest of
the packages. binary installs would have no need for it. there should be
a package of it along with the rest.

as of right now all of the debian files are under s.f. cvs control, but
they don't seem to be up to date as far as requirements and such go (at
least the last time i looked) i don't know how all of the debian stuff
works so maybe that's all done auto-magically.

if it would be any help we have facilities in the Makefile.PL's to
create the rpm spec files with the correct dependency information on the
fly the same could be done for the debian pkgs if need/want be. let me
know if you're interested.

-rm