Re: Getting currently-selected Gtk::Notebook page

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 04:25, Ken Restivo wrote:

"switch-page"
            void        user_function      (GtkNotebook *notebook,
                                            GtkNotebookPage *page,
                                            gint page_num,
                                            gpointer user_data);

I tested this in C, and the page_num variable does in fact deliver the correct number.

But in Perl all I can shift out of there is the notebook widget itself.

Well, it seems to work for me:

  $notebook -> signal_connect(switch_page => sub {
    warn join(", ", @_);
  });

gives someting like:

  Gtk2::Notebook=HASH(0x865340c), 142057896, 2 at ...

which is what the prototype suggests.

Of course, the GtkNotebookPage parameter is not correct. It's a struct
and supposedly gets cast to an integer. We'd need custom marshalling for
this to work correctly, but as far as I can tell that struct is supposed
to be private anyway.

HTH,
-Torsten