Question about ExtUtils::Depends

Is there a reason why, when building the directory location for the
typemaps, headers, etc, it strips leading package qualifiers off?  For
example:

  XML::LibXML

has typemaps, etc, placed in:

  $(INST_ARCHLIBDIR)/LibXML

rather than

  $(INST_ARCHLIBDIR)/XML/LibXML

This is a problem, because if a program depends on this one, then when it
does an

  ExtUtils::Depends->new('blah', 'XML::LibXML')

it tries to load headers, etc, from $(INST_ARCHLIBDIR)/XML/LibXML, rather
than $(INST_ARCHLIBDIR)/LibXML.  Now, this likely can be fixed (although I
haven't done it yet) by doing an

  ExtUtils::Depends->new('blah', 'LibXML')

but it seems strange to me to have to strip off the leading package
qualifiers.

Brett.