Re: Gtk2::Gdk::Drawable problem

Domsodi Gergely said:

Is there an easier way to obtain a GdkPixbuf from a Gtk2::Gdk::Window?

I want to make a screenshot of a window, and save it to a file. Or am I
heading to a very bad direction? :-)

no, it's the right direction, there are just some issues.

gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable() uses gdk_drawable_get_image() internally (since
that's the basic way to get pixels back from the X server) and converts it to
a Pixbuf for you.  this is very handy because GdkPixbuf is a lot easier to use
and even has methods to write image files in common formats.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Pixbufs.html#gdk-pixbuf-get-from-drawable

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-file-saving.html

however, in another turn that surprises me, neither get_from_drawable nor
get_from_image are implemented in gtk2-perl!  in fact, several functions from
gdk's header that defines pixbuf-related utilities never made it into the
initial revision of GdkPixbuf.xs, probably because of bugs in the
genfirstpass.pl script used to turn the headers into xs files.

the attached patch adds the functions.  i haven't tested them, but the
bindings are trivial and i really don't see where there should be any
problems.  again, it will be in cvs by the time you read this.

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>