Re: beta release of gtk2-perl-xs, please try it out

muppet <scott asofyet org> writes:

  http://asofyet.org/muppet/software/gtk2-perl/Glib-0.20BETA.tar.gz

I've quickly looked at some XS sources because since I'm author
of some code you kept, I was curious to see what Copyright
mentions would be used :). They seem to not contain any copyright
or license reference. I humbly think this is dangerous and should
be fixed (and probably this is also illegal because it contains
GPL code which can't be unlicensed).

Just to make things clear: I don't request that my name would be
inserted in source-code. However, I think that legally it should
be needed. From a practical point, in old-gtk2-perl we've used
copyrights with the name of the first person who introduced a
given source-file in the cvs, which is not stricly legal neither,
but I guess it was easy for us to do so. I've noticed my name in
Glib.pm and it's already enough to fulfill my pathologically
oversized ego :).

  http://asofyet.org/muppet/software/gtk2-perl/Gtk2-0.20BETA.tar.gz

Compiling, newbie mode engaged.

Glib: ok

Gtk2:

[gc bi ~/rpm/tmp/Gtk2-0.20] perl Makefile.PL
Can't locate ExtUtils/Depends.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at Makefile.PL line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 9.

Since I'm in newbie mode, I don't go further :).

[...]

Guillaume -- if these packages are not broken (i don't think they are, i
made them with 'make dist', but i'm paranoid), please release them
without the BETA and tag the CVS trees appropriately.  i'll bump the
versions by 0.01 once the tags are set.

Hm I've never made any gtk2-perl release yet (Goran did them) and
I feel gtk2-perl-xs is yours, so I'd prefer you do so. I've added
you enough sourceforge rights to do so (I didn't know it was not
available for "developers").

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/